Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

It's always nice to have an extra day. I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of work that I forget to take time for myself. After a hearty Thanksgiving dinner, I set out to so some organizing in my craft area.

When I'm planning a project, I love to get messy. I pull out every piece of fabric I own and match them, put them in sunlight and turn them to get the right look. I love to just sit in a pile of fabric and bask in the colors and textures of what might be. And usually, in my hurry to get to work on the next purse or hamburger pillow, I have wads of fabric that are simply thrown back on the shelf to make room for sewing.

I refolded and carefully restacked all of my pieces and put them to sleep for another day. All of the scraps that aren't big enough to fold up are now in a pile on my couch, waiting for the iron. I'm cutting what I can into 3" squares. After that, I'll cut what I can into 2" squares. I think it's time for a scrap quilt!

Now for another day off......

No comments: