Saturday, August 29, 2009

August Vacation


I am from Ohio but currently living in Missouri. It's a long drive between the two states and it makes for infrequent visits with my family.

Just recently, my father and my two twenty-something nieces (and one tag-along boyfriend) made their yearly visit. I look forward to this time with immense anticipation and have many text conversations with my nieces to try and decide how to spend our time. When asking Jennifer what she wanted to do, her stock answer this time was, "Everything."

Well, we didn't quite do everything, but we did do a lot:

1. Watched three movies
2. Made jewelry and clay sculptures
3. Made chocolate-covered strawberries
4. Planned to make several purses (never did get them done)
5. Went to the state fair
6. went to the Main Street Music Hall
7. Made breakfast out of nothing
8. Played putt-putt golf
9. Fed the fish at the state park
10. Bought an iPod Touch :)
11. Painted our toenails
12. Launched sheep
13. Went shopping at Stonecrest Mall
14. Watched Grandpa command fish just like Aquaman
15. Saw an armadillo (finally)

I like to make lists like this because it's such a great reminder of all the fun we had together.

When I look past all the fun, though, I see that of all the places that my family could go on their vacations, they keep coming back here. Then I realize what a blessed aunt and daughter that I am. And I feel loved.

No comments: