Monday, August 10, 2009

Celebrating

So I'm sitting here pondering my existence, God, my relationships and why on Earth do I have the world's smallest stapler (Sorry, I cannot contain random thoughts at times) when my thoughts turned to yesterday.

Yesterday was a great day. Many wonderful things transpired, some of which I don't dare actually write about. Suffice it to say that the whole day was filled with things that directly affected my near future and made a promise so exciting that I couldn't come down from the ceiling.

I celebrated by having dinner alone. I ate what I wanted with no deep discussions about the entire menu. But there were flashbacks. Ending with my usual "Why don't you order what you want and I'll order what I want and then the waitress will be really happy?!"

Two drafts later I felt like an engorged tick. I was surprised when I actually fit behind the steering wheel and could still reach the pedals.

I went home and watched a couple of shows on TV. The beer made that really easy. There was no other noise in the room. Heaven. I even had the sound turned down low. By that time I knew that if I didn't go to bed soon, I would be up all night. Nine o'clock is a little early even for me but what the heck, I was celebrating, right?

I awoke this morning to the sound of the rain and was in heaven once again. There's just something about the sound of rain that makes me feel as if my soul is being cleansed. A little coffee spurred me on to write this blog.

But wait, what's that?

I think I hear my pillow calling for another toast.

Photo courtesy of winstonberry.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You deserve a little piece of heaven, Missy! Or, maybe a large piece...whatever it is, I am glad you are happy!