Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bam!


For those of you who don't know, my mother-in-law lives with me. There are good things and bad things about it, of course. But she is currently on hiatus in her hometown of Poplar Bluff which means that I get to do the cooking. I'm torn as to whether or not this is a good thing...

I decided that my first task should be to head to the grocery store. After all, you can't cook if you don't have food. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

I began my excursion looking for things I knew I needed: coffee creamer, bread, laundry soap.

I picked out a few things that looked easy enough to fix such as Hamburger Helper (actually I often wonder if it really helps) and some throw-together side dishes. I get several packs of hamburger, some chicken breasts, crackers, etc.

I loaded everything in my car and started to drive home. At about this time, I realize that I don't really have anything to make a real meal. I have completely neglected to plan at all. After four years of not cooking meals, I have forgotten how to go about it.

I guess it's a good thing that that my husband will eat anything you put in front of him. In fact, he eats everything that you put in front of him.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back on the chef horse and using my kitchen again.

And I've decided that yes, it's a good thing.

No comments: